toro 36" prices???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kelch'sLawn&Landscape, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Kelch'sLawn&Landscape

Kelch'sLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have been looking everywhere online but cant find scwat. Just got back from the dealer but i got a price for a 36 hydro floating deck and i want a price on the 36 gear drive fixed deck... he quoted me 4999.95 for the 36" that canadian n it seams high?

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I

Is it pistol or T bar?, generally a gear 36" walk runs you about $2000-$2600 us dollars (new). A used good cond can fall from $600 to $1500.
    A good hydro you add about 1 k into it.

3. Kelch'sLawn&Landscape

from Ontario

the ones i was looking at were T-bars, thanks for the reply.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my new 2005 Toro Proline 36" pistol grip,belt drive, WB mower with a 13 HP Kawi V-Twin engine out the door with the Grass Gobbler bagger for $2,800 (U.S.). I love it! It gives a fantastic quality of cut and stripe! A hydro mower would be about $1k more.

5. Kelch'sLawn&Landscape

from Ontario

How do you like the pistol grips? I here alot of complaints about fatigue and getting very sore?

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I was interested in this unit also but have been hearing some bad feedback on same thing. I would be interested in feedback from anybody using the unit 6 hrs + a day.

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I use mine about 4hrs. per day, and I don't really get fatigued. I demoed the t-bar and the Exmark ECS, but I didn't really like the way they felt. I like the pistol grips because they are easy to use, and I don't get tired using them. I suppose the type of grips on a mower are really a matter of personal preference.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I am currently cutting right at 5.5 hrs for 3 days a week with my pistol grips on my toro. I find that the first part of the year I tend to be sore in the forearms for about 2 weeks. Although the first 2 weeks of the main season everything is sore.
    Tried the t bar but on hydro I didn't like it as well as the pistol. Exmark didn't have the ECS out yet when I bought so I still have not tried it.
    If interested I might be interested in selling my 36". I am looking at upgrading to a 48.

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Pistol sucks, I can't see how people cutting 30-40 accounts with pistol WB, even hydro system with pistol, no way jose!
    Get ECS or Quad bar by Stander, or H bar.

10. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I got quoted $5400 for a 36 fixed hydro w/pistols a couple weeks ago, Canadian bux that is.