1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 36" Proline

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGrassGuy, May 25, 2003.

1. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I picked this mower up late last fall, never used it until this spring. It is replacing a Wheel-horse lawn tractor that had a 60" deck. The walk behind is cutting my time in half. I never would have believed it until I tried it myself. This is one of two walk behinds in our city and as far as I know there are only 2 ZTRs around. I know most of the companies and see them around on various jobs and see their equipment. I think as people around here realize the tight spots these can get in and the speed, we will have more around here. I am cutting at 3" now, only second cut here yet, and the cut is great. I had it in an old hay field on side of my house today making a ball field for the kids and it even made that look good. I purchased a new 21" Toro last year and I don't think it will get a lot of use now.
  2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

Toros are really great machines.

I use Toros personally and at the golf course.

We have Greensmasters, a Sidewinder, a new fairway mower all toros and they are strong machines.

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Toro's are great machines!

I have two of them: Greensmower and a mower for fringe and tee's.

The rest are Jacobsen and Cushman.