1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 36" Proline

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGrassGuy, May 25, 2003.

1. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I picked this mower up late last fall, never used it until this spring. It is replacing a Wheel-horse lawn tractor that had a 60" deck. The walk behind is cutting my time in half. I never would have believed it until I tried it myself. This is one of two walk behinds in our city and as far as I know there are only 2 ZTRs around. I know most of the companies and see them around on various jobs and see their equipment. I think as people around here realize the tight spots these can get in and the speed, we will have more around here. I am cutting at 3" now, only second cut here yet, and the cut is great. I had it in an old hay field on side of my house today making a ball field for the kids and it even made that look good. I purchased a new 21" Toro last year and I don't think it will get a lot of use now.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

Toros are really great machines.

I use Toros personally and at the golf course.

We have Greensmasters, a Sidewinder, a new fairway mower all toros and they are strong machines.

Jay

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Toro's are great machines!

I have two of them: Greensmower and a mower for fringe and tee's.

The rest are Jacobsen and Cushman.