Toro 36 WB, TruTrak, and mulch kit pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Mar 26, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a thread on this site the other day that mentioned someone was going to buy a new toro wb, but was unsure of which one to get. I responded to the thread and mentioned what I had and some suggestions, and since then I have had several requests to post some pics of my new 36" toro wb with trutrak and mulch kit. I thought about posting the pics in the original thread I responded to, but decided to create a new thread. Here's the pics. Any questions about the trutrak/mulch kit, feel free to ask.

Toro WB pictures 001.JPG

Toro WB pictures 002.JPG

Toro WB pictures 003.JPG

Toro WB pictures 004.JPG

Toro WB pictures 005.JPG

2. All_Toro_4ME

More pics of trutrak and mulch kit

Toro WB pictures 006.JPG

Toro WB pictures 007.JPG

Toro WB pictures 008.JPG

Toro WB pictures 009.JPG

Toro WB pictures 010.JPG

3. All_Toro_4ME

Pics continued...

Toro WB pictures 011.JPG

Toro WB pictures 012.jpg

Toro WB pictures 013.JPG

Toro WB pictures 014.JPG

Toro WB pictures 015.JPG

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Looks really good. I like the true trak. The t2's remind me of great danes scampers and I hated that set up, but with that system you got there I would think it will be slick. If you don't mind how much did it cost?. Half the fun of this business is seeing the different ideas and how some are improved upon. Looks like Toro got this right.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Toro sure did get it right, I have the same mower in 40" and the TruTrak as well...I love it. The mulch kit doesnt look like I pictured it would...when I saw the manual for it I was under the impression that each blade had it own compartment...I looks like the thing you have is just a chute blocker?

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I see the 2 small bolts now...

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice mower

8. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

It has much more then a chute blocker. All the greyed out parts are the mulch kit. It took me an hour or so to put on mine, I also had to take out all the movable baffle parts to install the mulch kit. That plate on the chute is just the final part... I'm actually not sure if I could take the mulch kit off and put it back together.:laugh:

I wouldn't want them to have completely separate compartments it would separate the blades too much and would cause mohawking, as it can mohawk when you're turning too fast. The mulching blades are a touch shorter then the regular blades and came with the mulch kit.

This is why I'm not sure what I think about the Quick. I just this feeling that if all you did was block the chute it, at least in spring growth conditions, it would leave line of mulch there. In fact I've been told this in PM's.

9. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Forgot to post the pic.
    btw, it mulches like a dream, far exceeded my expectations.
    [​IMG]

10. All_Toro_4ME

The last 3 pics show each blade baffled off. You'll need to take the turbo force adjustment lever off so that the kit will fit properly.