Toro 37": How Old Is It?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mope Head, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Mope Head

Mope Head LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about buying this used model 30137.
    [​IMG]
    From what I can gather, they were sold between 1992 and 2002. Is there a way to narrow it down more than a ten year spread? I have the serial number as well. The current owner is not the original owner but guesses it's about 8 years old.
    It has the Kohler 14 and recycler deck, seems to be in good shape, clean but not freshly pressurewashed so I could see that there were no leaks. Pulleys and spindles seemed good as were the belts. He did say that it would occasionally kick the belt when shifted into reverse but no problems other than that. Cold engine started on second pull. He's asking $1250. Any comments? Thanks.

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What are the first 5 digits of the serial number?

3. Mope Head

The first five digits are 59063.

4. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

That mower is a 1995 model.

5. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

i have two tor prolines one is a 37" deck i like it seems a lil steep on the price check drive pulleys if they are factory orginals they will need replacing they cut nice lil slow but do a good job does he have a set of jungle wheeels with it also i bought my 12' trailer and 37 " recycler for 1500 and the trrailer was worth 600 but only thing i dont like is that if the lawn are thick its a pain to cut sometime and belts wear out

6. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I like they cut.. it is a pretty old mower if ya ask me ..c

7. Mope Head

Thanks for the info and the tips folks. I was thinking around $1000 so maybe I'll offer that.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

5-650.00,tops..., no way near 1K..just my .02...

9. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

\may be a old mower but they do good work first month i got mine turned 1450$ profit i hustled my butt off but if its a old mower so waht take care of em they last and i still alot of em still workin today