1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro 40 inch wb users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone used one of these? How is it cutting? Not trying to be rude but if you have not used one dont speculate.
    I have narrowed my choices to quick 36 and the toro 40 inch deck. I like the quick 36 but I am concerned about the turning and going across hills.
  2. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 44" inch older proline wb...
    if that helps its the same machine just a diffrent deck

for the most part its a stable machine and kinda heavy.....

like anything else if its steep enough you will have to slightly turn up the hill to stay straight...The only time i've had some slide is on some wet grass,leaves and a few hills that were too steep to even attempt properly...

if its a t-bar system your light years ahead of pistol grips imo

hope this helps

3. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

4. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yea I forgot to add something. The new 40" comes with Turbo Force!
  5. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 40" Toro T2 Hydro last year and I was very impressed. It cuts well. I was amazed at how well it stuck to the sides of hills and went straight without sliding down. I didn't have it all that long, but from demoing it, I was impressed.
    I bought a 36" for this year.
  6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That person who really likes his 40" is me! Feel free to PM for additional questions if you would like.