1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 44" and enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longjohn, Jul 23, 2002.

1. longjohn

longjohn LawnSite Member

First of all this forum is great. I appriciate all of the imput since I just started in late May '02.
    I think I did ok. Last week I bought a 1 year old Toro Proline 44" belt drive, mulch kit installed, 15 hp Kholor with less than 100 hours for $2250 asking price $2500 original price $3847 (tax included). This guy mowed 4 1 to 2 acre lots every other week on the average from May (original sale date) to September so his wife could stay home with the kids. She got a job when school started. He decided motror cycles for he and his 9 yr old would be more fun.
    I also bought his 6x12 Pace Worksport trailer orig Home Depot price $2547 I gave $1250.
    I feel good.
    Befor I closed the deal I double checked the 3 accounts I was not sure if the 44 would clear the gates on and all is ok. By the end of July I'll have have 25 residentials and only 2 have gates the 44 will not fit through.
    I just wanted to share my good fortune with y'all and to say to the others who are just getting started be patient, keep the quality the way you would want on your own yard, and treat all of your clients as though they were your only client.
    Thanks JL :blob3:
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

congrats on ur purchases. good luck
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You made some good purchases and it sounds like you are doing good work. Congrats on that.
    Don't sit back - get even better. That 44 Toro is a good machine. Now check out what a Z will do for you. I started and thought that what I was using was good for the money spent and it was. The thing I learned (without Lawnsite in 1997) was that there is equipment that is even better.

Work at your pace but when you want to make more money in less time, do some demo's on the bigger Z's. If they save you an hour a day, that can add up to 5 or 6 more jobs a week. That translates into $$$$. Good Luck.
  4. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Congrats!!! You're an ispiration to all of us starting, or in my case relocating business'. Best of luck, sounds like an awesome first half of the season.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you'll enjoy your Toro. I have the same mower and it's going on it's 7th season. Might want to look into using double blades. Good luck!!