Toro 44" hydro proline?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wesley's Lawn, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi i was at a toro / exmark dealer the other day and he has got a brand new toro 44" hydro with a 17 hp kaw and a floating deck with a true track sulky on it and 0 hours. the salesman i know and hes a good guy he wants 3000 for it and there is no intrest or no payment till march 03 and a 1 year warrenty 2 years on the motor and three on the spindles. i was just wonder if you guys think this is a good deal or should i keep looking. Thanks for your help.

Wes
    Wesley's Lawn Service

2. Deal and a half.

Exmark 36" truf tracer is $4200, viking hydro is $3800.

When I bought Toto 44" I paid $2,700 each plus tax, and they were belt drives. That was in 1989.

You sure it is a hydro?

You sure it had 0 hours? They don't come with hour meters.

Look under the deck. It might be a demo or a parking lot demo.

Sounds a bit to good to be true.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $3000 for a Toro belt drive 15 hp Kohler 44" Proline without a Velke and about 5 hrs. on it. Parking lot demo. If this one is really a Hydro I'd jump on it before somebody else does.:blob2:

Scott

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Original post: Deal and a half.

Exmark 36" truf tracer is $4200, viking hydro is $3800.

When I bought Toto 44" I paid $2,700 each plus tax, and they were belt drives. That was in 1989.

You sure it is a hydro?

You sure it had 0 hours? They don't come with hour meters.

Look under the deck. It might be a demo or a parking lot demo.

Sounds a bit to good to be true.

Im sorry but i am not a complete idoit and i know what a hydro is and there i checked under the deck, No offence. Yes it is hydro and it has zero hours its got a digital hour meter on it, There is no grass un dere the deck it has never been used. The reason it is so cheap is because there were 15 of them and they were a up a a toro place i forgot what but they we being set up so there all right and they were going to be state fair speicals but they never got delvierd. So the salesman i know put his name on the three left and got them. he has two left and m the only one interested in it.

5. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

It should have been on your truck yesterday if that's the case!

-Dave

6. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Money is money, but product matters, too.
    Try it out for a day. I have an older belt drive and love it.
    The newer ones have a funky imbalance if you ask me.

7. Not to slam you to hard, but the price "IS" to good to be ture, and Dave is right.

You asked a question and gave no info on the situation on why the mower is $1000 below a normal price, and it has I believe a $600 sulky on it to add to the $1000 lower cost. So at almost $2000 less than what it should be, it sounded to good to be true.

Complete idiot, you have lots of posts to read, and you will see what I mean, then you will figure out "why" I questioned it.

8. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Seeing as it has a 17hp Kaw on it, if it's a 2002 model that means it should have pistol grips. This year Toro only offered the t-bar 44" in a 15hp Kohler. I've been offered some super low deals on new pistol grips as well. It seems like the dealers are trying to flush those out. I personally prefer the t-bar, so I passed on the deals. On a side note; I was told by my dealer that for 2003 Toro will be offering the "old style" (horizontal pin deck adjust) wb's along side the new style.

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.:blob4: