Toro 44" proline Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattW, Apr 16, 2003.

1. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

I have a toro proline 44. THe dealer told me that it is either an 87 or a 97 machine... By the looks I would say 87. But in good shape.

My question is It had a Side discharge bagger. I called the dealer to order a new bag and attachments to attach the bag. I was wondering if any of you have made your own catchers or does anyone have any pics that they could post of this system. I have never seen how they attach and nothing to reference to. (the side plate to attach measures 37"x 18" or so) and the model # sticker that was on it is 30126)

If there is anyone that has an extra that wants to sell one please contact me ASAP

Thanks in advance.....

2. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

It sounds like that plate is for a soft bagger . I've never used one but have heard they are a real pain in the butt. I would suggest you get a metal grass gobbler type. It could be cheaper than getting a Toro part number through your dealer.

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bagger from my 52 Toro I do not need bought new

Walker last year. email hedlawn@hotmail.com. sell it for freight cost. Ed

4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking he has the floating deck. I don't think they make other catchers for that model. I bought a whole new bagging kit for one once it was like $500. :eek:

5. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

soft baggers are no good. just got new baggers for our 44 prolines from grass gobbler, works good and its metal so it won't rip in the corners like the cloth ones do. and the price is a lot less then toro bagers.

6. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

Yeah it is a soft bagger...it is also a floating deck...I have weighed it out and I thing grass gobbler is gonna take the cake....:D This is the same exact model but 1 yr older

86 front side1.jpg

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

By looking at the pic you posted, I'm willing to bet it's a 1997 model. I have a 1997 model and resembles yours.

8. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

That pic is an 86 that I found on the web. But mine is def a 1987...I went to the toro website and did a search on my machine.... the vin # comes up in the 87 yr range.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it have the automatic kill for when the blades are engaged??

10. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

MattW,

That picture you have there is of my 1986 machine I just sold 2 weeks ago on E-Bay! Model 30111. It was a spare machine that was just sitting, so I sold it. I have 2 newer ones now, but that 1986 was also a great machine. If you have any questions ask away, I can try to help. ;)