1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 44" proline Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattW, Apr 16, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The old style Toro cloth baggers WERE a pain, but I think they have new ones adapted from the Exmark design, which I use and like. It clogs less than my grass gobbler, which is ok, but heavy and less forgiving if you run it into the turf.

Also look at the Accelerator aluminum catchers. They're big and light, but not cheap.
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

BHB This is for u. :D

Ask him he made a grass gobbler type of bagger and it looks great.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Oh me? Ok here goes...

It is a monster of one, too big for normal use bagging grass but it was meant for leaves primarily. It's 6 cu. ft. and very heavy duty. I mount/dismount it in two peices! It dumps clamshell style while staying on the mower. Works good but if I was bagging much grass I'd be looking for an Accelerator or something similar that is large and aluminum. This one works good but it's not for everyone. I made it but am not taking custom orders unless for an old style Scag deck because I need to have the mower right in front of me (well if you want to bring yours over you can do that). I could make one alot lighter weight, maybe out of aluminum. It's also very wide compared to other catchers.
    For comparison's sake it's mounted on a 52" mower. It's 20"x20" and 40" long.