Toro 44" Proline WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by triadncman, Apr 30, 2003.

1. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

I saw a 2000 toro proline 44" belt drive w/ floating deck for sale for $2300. It looks barely used and the guy said it was used one season and then garaged. Seems beleivable by the looks, like I said looks barely used. Does that seem like a good price, its my first WB dealers all closed, I was gonna check the prices on some new ones to compare. The way things been going around here if i wait til tomorrow it will be history. Used stuff isnt around when the paper gets to your door most times. People are bying it up like hotcakes.

Thanks
    Eddie

2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

toro makes a good mower. the price seems fair to me. i bought a used 96 model in 2000 and it hasnt missed a beat

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a good price, just bought a 36" Toro for $2450., new.

4. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

If it's as low hour as you think it is that's not a bad price. I just priced a 52" belt drive with a 17hp kaw and was quoted $3900. That is a more expensive mower but probably not more than $500 or so more than new price of a 44 depending on engine. I bought a 44" 14hp new in 97 and it still runs and cuts like a champ.

5. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I just wanted to add that if had seen as much use as mine you would know.

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

For about $800 more, you can have a brand new 44inch Toro with a full warranty.