toro 44 wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN FOLEY, Feb 28, 2002.

1. BRIAN FOLEY

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

Iam purchasing a toro 44 wb floating deck w 17hp kawi gear drive for 2900 new has anyone used the mulch kit with the toro atomic blades ? how do they work? also going to buy the tru trak sulky any comments on them? thank you !! Brian:D

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased a 44 in Toro gear driven wb 7 years ago and paid $3,000, so I believe you did well. Can't answer your questions since I never used either. Good luck.

LAWNS AND MOWER

3. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good price. I was getting a price of $3000 for a 48" fixed deck Toro w/ a 15hp Kohler when I was shopping last year. I don't know anything about the tru-track, but I just put a set of Jungle wheels on my Toro 44, and it was like they were made for the machine!

4. JEFF ZALMANOFF

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

i have two toro proline groundsmasters a 118 and a 120 both with 52 inch deck with the recycler kits and i use the atomic blades also and they work great .

5. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

NICE PRICE!

I tried tru track at a show and liked it. You have to get used to it of coarse, it could sling you into a tree or a fence.

Atomic blades look like gator blades dont they? My gator's would leave a streak in the lawn when they were starting to go dull. I never had that problem with any other blade so I quit using them.

.....man thats a great price

6. Man I paid $3400 each for the ones I bought in '90. 12.5hp Kaw.

7. BRIAN FOLEY

from ERIE,PA

Thank you all for the input!!! Brian

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 98 Toro 44" Proline Hydro WB and love it. I have the Atomic blades on top and hi lifts on the bottom (doubles) I use the mulch kit ONLY for demolishing leaves in the fall. The SFS deck is great at dispersing clippings, or what clippings are left after the doubles get them.
    You should be happy with that unit. The Kawi is a good motor. Mine came with a 15 Kohler, its not bad.
    Good Luck

9. samk

samk LawnSite Member

nice price thats 300 less than what i was quoted with 15 kaw. Is that with the T-bar?

10. BRIAN FOLEY

from ERIE,PA

the toro is a floating deck 44 with twin cyl 17hp kawi belt drive for 2900 tru trac price is 300, Brian