toro 455-d problem..help me!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Espacesverts, May 14, 2008.

1. Espacesverts

Espacesverts LawnSite Member

Yesterday I mowed for about 5 hours with it and it was working good. 30 min after I came back from lunch the mower was bogging and some blue smoke was going out of the muffler. I went to the dealer and EVERYTHING was working fine...He told me it was probably water in fuel or winter fuel...and he gave me a conditionner. I came back mowing and the same thing happen after 30 min...Today I mowed with it and the first hour was good. After that the mower was bogging or some blue and white smoke was going out of the muffler. But it wasn't constant. After a while the mower was working good...and after that bogging......
    The temperature was going and the oil too.

Somebody can help me?
    Should I change my fuel filter?
    thanks

2. Espacesverts

Should I change the injectors?

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

How old is the mower? When was the last time you changed the filter? How old is the fuel??

Did you run this mower out of fuel lately??

4. Espacesverts

The mower is a 2000 with 2700 hours. We ran out of fuel maybe 2 weeks ago.. and I have about 40 hours on the new filter. The fuel is not old. I filled the mower las Monday. But I filled the mower at a small gas station and it's why some people told me it could be some winter fuel.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Winter fuel shouldn't really make a difference, unless it's been there all winter.

Winter fuel usually just has additives that'll burn a little quicker, but that's it.

If you just changed your filter, I'd have to say you've got an injector going bad on you.