Toro 455-D Wide area mower

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by JRSlawn, Jun 15, 2013.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about selling my 455-D toro wide area mower has a 10 foot fold up deck for transport works great for trailering it from site to site 2 speed trans 1 high speed travel and 1 lower speed mowing speed. Great machine has been well taken care of. The only reason I am thinking about selling it is the contract we used it for is now requiring us to bag everything and it is a little big to just use to mow my yard. Ready to work today $11,000.00 I will try and get some pics up as soon as I have a chance.

2. cjtrader

cjtrader LawnSite Member

JR, how many hours, and what year is it?

3. JRSlawn

it has 2800 hours I will check on the year

4. cjtrader

cjtrader LawnSite Member

Can you send me pictures and the year when you have time, I am interested, been looking for a good machine since April. I found one with 1800 hrs for $5500 and one with 1600 hours on action that went for $4800. only one bidder on the 1600 hour unit, I was a day late on that one! They were both very very clean units. harmeyerc@gmail.com

Thanks JR.

5. JRSlawn

The lowest I would probably go would be 10,000 for anything less then that I would rather keep it just to mow my lawn nice tight unit also has air ride seat a cozy sun shade to keep the sun off the operator.

455-1.jpg

455-2.jpg

6. JRSlawn

Might also be interested in trading it for a toro dingo tire machine

7. cjtrader

cjtrader LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info and pics Jeff. Looks like a nice machine but probably to high for me though. Good luck friend.

8. cjtrader

cjtrader LawnSite Member

For what it's worth Jeff, I don't blame you for keeping it if you don't get what you think it's worth. I had a dealer come out and look at some of my equipment and the trade in value was a joke. I have a 2000 toro 325d 72" with 725 hrs in excellent condition, they would give me $3000 for and yet on their site they were selling a unit with 3 times that many hours for $8500. That's when I decided it was well worth keeping it or trading with someone with some common sense. Thanks again and good luck!!

9. JRSlawn

Thanks for looking

10. JRSlawn

Found a piece of equipment I would like to buy and I am going to lower the price of this machine for a quick sale $8500.00 anyone want it