Toro 48" Turbo Force Z-Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mhussey, Jan 11, 2006.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I know you guy's are probably tired of the striping threads, but this really isn't a question, but just a rant.

I recently contacted Toro in regards to them maybe in the future offering a striping roller or some sort of striping kit for a 48" Turbo Force. They replied promptly to my email, however, they said they were not planning to design a striping kit for the 48" deck. Some of the larger Turbo Force decks have striping kits, but not 48" decks. I wander why they will not design a striping kit for the 48" decks? I believe that Exmarks are the same way having striping rollers for larger decks and not the smaller ones. Do they not think that people who own smaller decks don't want to stripe their lawns?

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I have been waiting for a 48" roller to come out. My dealer says that maybe in the future, but not this year.

3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

A friend of mine designed and built a roller for my 44" Toro.It works great and I posted pics of it.He was going to offer them at a low price,but no one seemed interested,so he hasn't worried about it.He can easily adapt a striping roller for about any mower.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

ill bet your toro cuts so nice you hardly need a stripping kit...:drinkup:

mine does, but your right, seems pretty silly not to have one available, i know id at least look at getting one, maybe the power of lawnsite could help them see this differently

there are some good designs here if you search that are homemade.....

5. mhussey

Yes the Turbo Force deck does cut, and stripe well with no help from a roller, however, I want a well designed roller to enhance the stripes.

Yea I have been searching around on LS for homemade rollers, but would like to have one that was designed for the mower preferably although I would consider a homemade one. I contacted Big League about their roller and they to don't have a roller designed for the Turbo Force.

NickN, I will try and find those pics you posted. Does your friend still make these rollers? If so I may be interested in one.

Thanks guys for all your input.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Could you either repost or post the link to the thread where those pics were located? I would like a striping kit for my eXmark and don't really want to pay close to $300 for one. If you could repost those pics, that would be great, thanks

Mike

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, i found the link! sorry, i see it is for ZTRs and not on a WB, gives me some ideas though, thanks!

8. mhussey

Just looked at the 2 photos of the striping kit that your buddy had made Nick, and it seemed to look very nice. Is the 2 photos the only ones you have posted, or is there more? Also, do you have any pic's of a yard cut with that roller installed? Just curious how much is he selling those kits for? Hope I didn't ask too many questions. Thanks for the help.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ah... just thank them for not ripping you off for $300 plus and build your own for $30.

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Those stripes you guys show in your pics are awesome looking. But pretty much noone around here stripes and I have never had anyone request it or even ask about it. Maybe its just us Okies....