Toro 48" Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redline, May 29, 2004.

1. Redline

Redline LawnSite Member

Is Toro coming out with a 48" Zero Turn in the near future? It is suppose to have the turbo foorce deck

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

????? Toro already has a 48"Z!!!!

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

not with a turbo force 48'' er. the 48'' er is the Z355 bagger/mulcher front mount Z.

Be a great machine if they ever do, I went from a 48 Z to 60 Z and often miss the 48, I think a 50/52 would be the most versatile size, next mower will be smaller than 60 not bigger.

4. the current 100 series and the walkbehind are sometimes this summer ..will be converted to turboforce dec ks

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer mentioned that Toro was going to introduce a 100 series machine with the turbo force style deck on it in about a year. I do not know if they are going to make it with the 48" or just the 52". What I do know is I will be first in line to demo one when it hits the market. Exmark has been 'lead dog' long enough it is time for Toro's view to change...

BobR

6. greencuts

greencuts LawnSite Member

Just purchased a Toro 48" with Turboforce deck. Its called a Z453 and runs with a 23hp kwaka. Very impressive ground speed and a nice cut. They sell for around $14000 Oz.

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

There are 2 Turbo Force 48" models available
    Z449.....19 Kaw, Adjustable baffles
    Z453.....23 Kaw, Adjustable baffles

There is a skinnied down version also, it's called a 7 GA deep deck
    Z400.....18 Koh, non adjustable baffles , like the Emark CT series, park brake on tire

8. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

I wonder if the "7-Gauge" deck is the old superflow deck? Anyone know?

Ty

9. Cage

Cage LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I believe the SFS decks are being discontinued. You might be able to get better info on their website

10. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The 7 GA deck is the same design as the Turbo Force, but has no adjustable baffles.