Toro 500 series or Hustler super z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I need some advice from other lawn professionals on these two machines. I will be going with the 27/60. Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are top line machines, flip a coin...what colour do you prefer? LOL.

I own a new Toro Z588E, 28hp EFI, 60'' turbo force deck, faultless, the new deck is in a class of it's own.

I demoed a 25hp Hustler Super Z last year and it did excellent.

Only reason I went Toro is I was impressed with the latest ingenuity with the deck, and the Toro I believe was a ''bigger'' mower with some extra features I liked, the hustler felt a little small, mind over matter probably...lol.

Both very clean cutters, the Toro would handle long thick grass better being as the choke/baffle is adjustable.

Hustler's mulch kit is easier to install...

The other reason I went with the Toro is the 28 EFI landed in the country before Hustler's model did, and local dealer.

Obviously my opinion is bias, there is a lot of threads about these machines here where you can get more of an insight.

The only real way for you to know which is best is demo both on the same property, they all perform differently in different areas, btw, if you do....make sure you are told how to get the correct setting for toro's adjustable flow baffle, makes a huge difference having this right.

Go Toro!