1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 500 Series Stripe Roller Mounted

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Th8s is a exmark style roller i got off ebay ..210 each.
  2. one more from a different view
  3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, show us some pics of it in action.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is there any way you could have had it made NARROWER? Mount it on the INSIDE bracket? Or remove that bracket and make another to tuck it in.

They don't need to be any wider than your tires really. Just looks like trimability just went flying out the window. That's my favorite area to tuck in tight to things.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

That would be true for a narrower deck, but when you have a wide area deck and it sticks out quite a ways past the wheels, you need to have the roller extend to the ends of the deck.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, but Odin's deck isn't any bigger than mine.

Though if he was standing in front of me telling me different, I might just have to agree with that Scotsman! :)
  7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

lol, i have seen some 60" decks leave a small strip of grass that doesnt get striped, i guess they make them all the same to take care of it on most grass types. I dont run large area decks, so i keep my rollers between the tires.
  8. Nah .. a easy going sensitive ...untypical scotsman ..couldnt sway an opinion that the mower was really a 72 instead of a 60 lol
  9. mowinmike

mowinmike LawnSite Member
    from D-town

Got any pictures of stripes?