toro 500 series stripping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Jan 30, 2004.

1. the dealer threw a free kit way back in september when i bought the toro 557...it came in today ...and i had my brother scan in the part list to give you toro 500 owners or anybody considering one ... an idea what the kit is.

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Odin,

is that a rubber flap that attaches behind the deck somehow?

Any pics with it in place?

Hows that rig holding up mate?

If there was anything/s that you wish were different/better what would they be?

What changes would you like to see that would make this model the best in your opinion?

Mate, it is raining sooo much here I almost need a slasher to pre mow my lawns!! Very busy, opposite to last year!

3. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Odin..Is that the same type toro 500 series striping roller as listed on ebay(I don't know how to post a link or I would post it). Looks very similar to the Exmark striping roller.

I can't really tell from your scan but that looks like a flap of some sort.

4. buckeye and tony

yes its a flap attaches to a bar and the bar attaches to the anti scalp rollers on each side and is right behind the deck... and it has a couple pins that connect from the bar to the deck lift chains on each side .i guess the pins will allow the kit to be adjusted up and down.

havent used it yet tony its 10 below zero in chicago....the grass is a little dorment lol
    in fact it so cold i dont know when i will even get it mounted on the mower.

as soon as i get it mounted i will post pics mate

5. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

dont use it when u reverse it rolls the grass the other way and u can really tell

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well that goes for any striping kit really.

I have always fabricated my own roller for my Toro since i made the mistake to buy their kit. I just keep both on there now.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I am thinking about switching from my ROLLER to a striping FLAP. Main reason is to avoid turf damage, the roller can kinda dig in to turf. Anyone agreeing with me?

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Your roller should not be touching the ground. Raise it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above ground and try that.