toro 500 series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by themadcutter, Mar 17, 2012.

1. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

anyone use a 500 series of any size and what did you pay new? I mean the mower, not the sprinkler head.

2. themadcutter

from florida

:cry:

No one has used a toro 500 series mower of any size?

I was thinking of buying either a 60" z500 toro or the 48" and was wondering if any one had used this mower and what they thought of it.

3. american dream

american dream LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52&60 both are great mowers and no problems

4. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new toro 550 60" in 2010 for 8k. No regrets there, except maybe wanting a diesel engine, but I haven't ever needed it. I think Toro makes the best zero turn.

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Company I worked for in 00-03' had two of them(52"). Solid mowers with no problems while I was there. They swore by having mulch kits installed on them also which is a fail 80% of the time with our conditions and to boot they swore high lift blades were better for mulching then gators. So stupidity aside they were good mowers.

6. themadcutter

from florida

Is the zmaster the 500 series or are they 2 different mowers?

I have a place I want to buy at but his price seems a little steep. The price is right at 9500 for a 60" with a 27hp kohler. seems a little pricey but the service there is excellent. I have been using them for years now and My mower is in and out in no time. they never leave equipment sitting but is that worth what seems to be a $1500 mark up? I don't know

7. kev51277

kev51277 LawnSite Member

i bought a z500 with a 60 inch deck and i love it i also have a 05 zmaster with a 48 inch deck and also love it.............. TORO is the best!!!!