toro 52/30 hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpel2004, Feb 13, 2007.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just lookiing at Toro website and saw that they make a 52 ZTR with a 30hp engine. I imagine that thing must be a beast. Im interested to hear your feedback on this mower.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

I am eyeing the 52"/28hp Kawasaki, a.k.a. the Z558.

TORO really seems to really have its act together with their higher-end Z-Masters.

4. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have one ordered and will let you know how it is when it gets here.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I keep reading these post about the 30 Kohler. They are trying to dump them because so many people are having trouble with the carb even with the fix kit that Kohler sent out. It is the most trouble prone engine I've read about on Lawnsite in a long time. Get a 25, 27 or 28 Kohler or Kaw for a 52" deck. Maybe they have fixed the problems with the 30 but you noticed that Exmark dropped them fast and toro is probably trying to get rid of a few. Just my opinion, take a chance on the engine that's had the most complaints if you want.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

that large of an engine on a 52 is just stupid. Overkill all the way...i don't vare WHAT you are cutting, even if you WERE cutting in those conditions all the time. This is nothing but an over expensed fuel guzzler for what it does.

7. Kickin Your Grass

What might be stupid to you doesn't mean It's stupid for others.

8. Kickin Your Grass

I did a search on here before I ordered it and didn't find any negative post about the Toro Z-560. Can you post links for me?

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

30 hp on a 52 inch is stupid for anyone... I have a 23 HP on a 50 inch and it is about a perfect combination. 30 is just way too much for anything less then 60" IMO.

10. Kickin Your Grass

I am glad to hear the 23hp 50" is a perfect combo for you.

I think the 30hp 52" combo will be perfect for me.

Everyone has different needs...... (IMO)