Toro 52" proline spindle

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Danb, Jun 8, 2013.

1. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dand post the pictures. There's a lot of wrong info getting posted in this thread. The fish is correct. The other guy...... not so much.

2. Danb

Danb LawnSite Member

Here you go. The deck is rough, but I got the whole mower for free so I dont feel bad about putting a little money to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ricky86

Get some pictures of the deck. Are all 3 spidles the same? And are you located in the US?
    I'm stumped. Only thing I can think of it's an import deck???? Where is that Toro rep when you need him?????????? More pic's It's gotten personal.

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

www.J-Thomas.com

Spindle parts Toro # - 46-8530, 253-139,27-092, 51-3551
    Spindle parts J-Thomas # - JT-9840, TO-139, TO-0920, TO-106
    Center Pulley - Toro 55-7610, J-Thomas - TO-115

5. ricky86

They are the right parts for a six bolt mount spindle.

6. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

I've not ran across a 4 bolt spindle/deck either. Obviously, Toro at one point made em though, huh?
    You say its junk, but it might be possible to rebuild it, no?

You may have to get creative and find a shop with an Oregon catalog and match up yer old one. A paper catalog is best. Other vendors may have dimensioned drawings in their cat. also.

Spindles aside, you need to repair the rusted out deck! Them spindle mounting areas look worse than the floor pans on my old VW.!

7. Danb

Danb LawnSite Member

I live in Mass. I know I need to repair the spindle mount. It's on the list. The old spindle is junk. No amount of heat would pull the old pulleys off so I had to cut them off which ruined the spindle. The spindles mount the same except the center one has two pulleys on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Danb

Danb LawnSite Member