1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 52"Zmaster Blowin 30 Amp Main Fuse

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cornerstonelawn, Jun 23, 2008.

1. cornerstonelawn

cornerstonelawn LawnSite Member

Model 74416 That has been in and out of the shop for a few weeks I seem to be blowing fuses, I can not keep it running. I am blowing the 30 amp main fuse I believe that the it may be related to a problem that I noticed the other day when I got of the mower and the mower kept running even though I forgot to set the brake. Puzzled by this I engaged the blades and got of the mower and the mower never shut off. But now it is blowing fuses... not quite sure where to start. Or if I have the time to try I am needing to get up by tomorrow. Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. tennesseelawnguy

tennesseelawnguy LawnSite Member

when exactly does the fuse blow? we had a clutch that was trying to short out. it kept blowing the main fuse, sometimes while running and other times as soon as the blades were engaged.
  3. cornerstonelawn

cornerstonelawn LawnSite Member

Sorry bout not getting back to ya...turns out my mechanic left a jumper which was causing the short. Thanks