Toro 570 TVAN Nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jun 10, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Boot's post in this other thread got me to thinking... We've started seeing an influx of Toro TVAN nozzles used on systems. Pros/cons if anyone is using them or coming across them? Are they holding up under extreme conditions, keeping their arcs and radii? Are they clogging up from backsiphoning when the sprinkler riser retracts?

2. jirrigation

jirrigation LawnSite Member

I have four of them installed in my front yard. They have by far the most even distribution of any VAN nozzle I've ever used. I've only had them for 2 months now but they are still working as flawless as the day I installed them. If they had female thread I'd be using them with 1800's.....damn Toro has to be male thread.

3. PurpHaze

Thanks for the info. If I can get any more confirmations we might try them. Sure would save a lot of space in our 570 nozzle box.

We have the same problem by having to use the "T" MP-Rotators on the 570PRX-COM bodies.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

So you've used the piece of junk Rainbird VANs? & the Toros do work??

5. jirrigation

jirrigation LawnSite Member

We do use Rain Bird VANs. Until I saw the Toro ones this spring, the Rain Bird ones were the best I've seen up here in Montreal. What are you guys using for VAN nozzles if any, that are femal thread.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a metric deal..we don't get femal threads down here.:laugh:

7. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

I keep some TVAN nozzles around for existing toro heads on some of my commercial properties. I have never had a problem with them.

8. PurpHaze

Thanks for the insights guys. I think I'll get some 15' TVANs and try them out since that's the radius we mostly use.

9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Worst nozzle yet.

I will say the TOROS off the start have sharper left and right stops on the van's
    than the rainbirds do anyday. And also i will say i havent installed a TORO van in several years, b.c im rainbird on the sprays now.
    Although for the long haul i think that the rainbirds hold their arc better. Ive installed many a toro van and it started leaking out the backside of the arc or messed up some other way.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know why people complain about Rainbird VAN's, They work good from about 300 degree's to about 30 degrees.

Always use the blue mesh filter, seems to work better with them.