Toro 60 inch - What do you all think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CWilliams, Mar 5, 2005.

1. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

What equipment do you all recommend?

We are just starting a new business this year. We are looking to purchase a 60 inch Toro Zero Turn? We plan to initially handle residential and some commercial accounts?

Can anyone relate their experience with the Toro?

2. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

The Toro is a good mower. If you are not doing larger estate size properties or commercial properties the 60" might be an over kill for a standard ranch home (1500 to 2700 sq ft) you may want to save the money on the 60" and maybe look into a walk behind and a 48" ztr. just my 2 cents

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

In my opinion, I think you are on the right track. I use my 60" on smaller yards everday w/ no complaints.

4. DaveVB

DaveVB LawnSite Member

I do pickup and delivery for a Toro dealer and I put 250 hours a year on a 72" Z-master. That said I think the Toro's are the simplest machines on the market, therefore the easiest to fix (except with 500 hours I have yet to fix mine). I have seen a lot of variables in the needs of lco's, but for my needs as grounds manager at a college, it does everything just fine. DaveVB

5. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

If you do not have customers yet and are still in the planning stage, I would start with WB's first. Look at the Exmark Turf Tracer with ECS. Easy to use and egonomical. Before purchasing equipment, justify it first.

6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with derek 1 start with a 48 walk behind. Especially if you don't have the customer base. Then if you get some large jobs that make it desirable or necessary for the larger unit go get it.