Toro 60" LC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, May 20, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have been a scag guy forever, but I just bought a slightly used walk behind Toro hydro, and man, that thing will cut circles around my scags, I mean blows the scag walks away. I am wondering is the ZTR toro riders the same, because if they are as much better as the walk behinds, I am going to be trading a bunch of scags for 27hp lc toro riders. I am interested in quality of cut and speed.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How old are your SCAG's?

3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

the new toro's with the Turbo force decks are very nice...

4. whiteclifflawn

my scags are 2002 turf tigers, and fixed deck 52" walk behinds. the scag wd is the 21 hp kaw too beat it all. I maintain them very well too, blades sharpened every other day, oil check, grease, wash, tire preasure, etc. I just think on the yard I have grown into, scags are like tanks, cut anything down, but I am into more looking awsome than anything, and I think toro just does that better. Scags are great equipment, don't get me wrong. I just am thinking toro does a better cut.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I been trying to tell you guys that Toro rules, and wondering why in the hell you would buy anything else ... I mean, 90 percent of the folks on this board have something else... Me, I got nothing but Toros.

Hell yeah it blows them away, 6.2 mph kicks tail, I run side-by-side with other-brand ZTR's on my fixdeck WB (btw, fixdecks are even faster and better than sfs, thou YOU have to know how to operate a mower or you will seriously skru up a yard).

I been sitting here wondering if any you folks in the business are actually serious, because with Toro I cut 10 yards/day by myself... And when you cut yards that fast, the price is dirt-cheap to boot. How the hell can you compete with that, are all you folks part-time or what?

To be blunt, Toro is the bmw of grass-cutting machines. Why do you think there's a 2-week wait on a brand-new one, and why do you think you can ALWAYS buy another brand anytime, so long it's not Toro :)

When you own a Toro, you are finally telling your customer that you are serious about your business. Yes, I know most don't know that, but watching someone on another machine is true comedy when put alongside a Toro.

Nothing beats a Toro... Absolutely nothing !
    Laters.

6. whiteclifflawn

man there is a dealer going out of biz near me, they arew selling the DIRT CHEAP, ztr 27hp LC 60" deck, $8100.00, now that kicks a$$.

7. Back40Lawns

Back40Lawns LawnSite Member

I have a Toro Z 60". I love it. However, on a hilltop or a yard that may be a bit small, it will usually scalp due to the large deck. Otherwise, perfect.
    Chad

8. whiteclifflawn

I am basicaly using my tigers on say 1 acer plus yards, and my walk behinds on smaller properties. so I don't think scalping would be a big concern, but what about steep hills, will the toro keep up with the tigers on that, that is honestly my only concern.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree!! :)

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's too d@mn funny!!!!! :laugh:
    Because that mower ain't even a TORO!!!!!!!! :laugh:
    It's an eXmark!!!!! :laugh:

We seriously need a smiley on here that's rolling around in the grass laughing it's @ss off!