1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro 6000 series 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Mar 29, 2012.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Hey all:

Not too happy about loosing 2 eXmark dealers in my area, I ordered 2 Toro 6000 series 60" Machines Monday.

I'm paying 12,000.00 Per unit. and yes it has all the bells and whistles. with the kaw engine........

I took a demo and placed the toro at 3.5" hight, and one of my eXmarks and they cut VERY Close......

I hope to hear from a few of you toro Guys, and I hope I made the right decission.

25,000.00 Was hard to let go of......

Thanks

2. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what engine you went with. I am looking into buying new mower and I am looking at the exmark with either the 34 or 38hp kohler. I have been trying to find someone running either of these with a 60" deck to see the fuel consumption numbers they are getting. I looked at toro but don't have a dealer around me close so I am either going exmark, ferris or kubota if I decide to go diesel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

They are way cheaper in my area.

I have 2 toro dealers near me and looked at the 6000 series. I just got a price of 9700 and that was with the 29hp kohler efi engine. both dealers are running 25% off through april and I was told that is an offer running through all toro dealerships. I don't know if they meant all in this district or nationwide though.

I like the 6000 and think I may be getting one. I loved the baffles on the deck. very beefy compared to what my exmark was not to mention they are adjustable which can come in handy.