Toro Atomic Blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Apr 15, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys/gals just thought I'd share. Put on an Atomic blade Thursday and have been cutting everyday with it. It came at a good time as I was behind from the rain grass was about 4-5" and I cut at 2.5 with no clumping at all. Was totally impressed. At $ 14.80 each it was well worth not having to double cut. If you own a Toro try them out. Mowman

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

what are they? the toro gator blade? how was the lift?

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

WHAT SIZE ARE THEY AVAIL. IN?<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

4. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

please tell me more.<br>did you get them from your dealer?

5. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I think you can get them for 21&quot; 44&quot; & 52&quot; cutter decks. To be sure just check with your Toro dealer. They are a HOT item right now, I had to wait almost 3 weeks for mine. Well good luck with them. I think you will be impressed as I was. Mowman

6. RH

RH LawnSite Member

Toro Atomic Mulching Blades are available to fit ProLine 21&quot; heavy duties & all Toro Super Flow System decks of this size: 36&quot;, 44&quot;, 52&quot; & 62&quot;. 72&quot; blades are due out soon. <br>

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

how is the lift with them! they hafta stripe good for me even to consider them! thanx

8. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

The Atomic blades are the Gator blades. nothing more. they are a nice blade, but,I have used them in the past and as some of you have said, I did not think they lifted the air flow enough, therfore the cut was not as nice, and it does not shoot the clippings out as far, I have tried mulching with them with limited success, do not cut if grass is wet, or even damp from morning watering system. So now I have about 5 sets sitting on a shelf this year. I have returned all units to a standard blade, no gators, mulching, just good old Sharp (ouch!) blades. Atomic bought gator, gator no longer exists.

9. These &quot;atomic&quot; blades are notihing more than<br>plain gator mulching blades. The are about<br>$9 bucks each.<p>They work great on 44-52-62&quot; toros.