1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Jul 16, 2006.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 05 52" toro z master i was told that i couldnt get a rear bagger for it but ive seen people have them. wondering if anyone nows of were i could get one.
  2. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

I'd start with your local dealer. They will be able to provide you with everything you need.:drinkup:
  3. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i did ask them there the ones that told me that i couldnt get one for it just the ones that go on the chute not the rear. but i have looked on sites and seen people that have the same and they have a rear bagger for it.
  4. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

I believe Peco makes it
  5. woodall1

woodall1 LawnSite Member
    from Eden NC

I have a Toro 20/52 and I have had two different bagger systems. First I started with the Toro Twin-bagger system. It was a decent system. The down falls are that the bagger is belt driven from the mower deck and my mower is only 20 hp, so it puts it under a load in wet conditions. Secondly, its a pain to dump. You have to get off the mower and pull heavy bags and dump. The only advantage to this system is if you have a property you cannot dump clipings at, you can easily place garbage bags over the toro bags and remove the clippings. My second and current system is a Peco. Its a sweet setup. I'm actually trying to sell my Toro twin bagger system. It was used for one season. Let me know if your interested.
  6. phoshouse

phoshouse LawnSite Member

If you still have the Toro bagging system for sale, I might be interested. Please provide details.

7. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have a Humboldt bagger. They make them to fit about anything. They are well built.
    I think its like grasscatchersusa.
  8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd ask another dealer or better, call toro direct and have them tell you the real story.

I had a similar thing with Exmark, who Toro owns. Visited a dealer and was told straight up there was no ultravac for my lazer. Called another dealer and found out they do. I confirmed that later when I found a used one advertised for sale for my machine. There are some real yahoos at equipment dealers. Always double check anything they tell you. Some are knowledgeable and helpful, some aren't, some are just really lazy. In some cases the guy you're talking to doesnt' make a penny more if he looks up something and gets on the phone and locates it and has it shipped. So he'd rather just get to lunch early and tell you there isn't one. A sad fact of many businesses.
  9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

This thread is from 2006....
  10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe he's very patient about getting a bagger.