Toro Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williamslawn, Apr 10, 2002.

1. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Has anyone seen the new bagging system for the Toro Z-Turn mowers? I got a price from my dealer today for a new toro 62" 25 HP with mulching kit installed for $6800. I am thing about adding the bagger for $1600 more. Would like comments on new bagging system.

2. Kevin Neely

Kevin Neely LawnSite Member

I demo'd the DFZ bagger late last fall and I have to be honest....It sucks the strips off a parking lot. I love the fact that I can dump from the seat. Very cool. See if the dealer will demo it for you.

3. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Dealer did not have bagger in stock. Where does the blower attach? It appeared to be on top of the hopper. Where is it driven from? Does the clipping pass through the blower? Please give more information if possible.

4. coyeote

coyeote LawnSite Member
    from MN

Kevin Neely

Your the first person I've read an e-mail from who's seen this thing.

Where are you located? How does it work in spring grass? How does it work on leaves? My dealer doesn't know anything about it. How long does it take to remove it? I'd love to hear more about the bagger.

BRB

5. YardMaster Unlimited

YardMaster Unlimited LawnSite Member

My dealer has a few in now. From looking at it it seems to be built pretty tough. The blower is on the top and runs off of a belt setup. The thing I like about it is the fact that the material does not go through the blower. This one acts as a true vacumn. This should be nice since replacing blower housings gets expensive after a while. Haven't seen it acutually working yet but from the pics i've seen it appears that it should do well. The only concern I have would be the amount of blow out from the front. My 62 has the mulch kit installed and the blow out is unreal. Hopefully the vacumn would counter act this.

6. coyeote

coyeote LawnSite Member
    from MN

I just want to see it suck the stripes off the that parking lot.

7. Kevin Neely

Kevin Neely LawnSite Member

there isn't a blower per say like you would find on competitive brands that mount on the deck. There is an impeller system mounted on the top side of the hopper. This generates suction power to draw debris up the tube. The unit gets its power from the pto clutch. Very, very little debris pass through the impellar so the system doesn't rob horsepower away from engine and you don't lose blade tip speeds in heavy conditions. Each system has its own function. The deck cuts the grass the bagger "suck" it up. You don't have two systems relying on what the other is doing and compromising itself by losing power. It also has a quick disconnect boot (no tools) in order to side discharge properties that don't need bagging. You can take the boot off in less than a minute. The other nice feature this has to offer is that it is very quiet. Performance of the bagger was very good in leaves and fall grass. I haven't had the time to experience in the spring conditions as of yet but I don't believe there will be much difference in performance.
    Kevin

8. coyeote

coyeote LawnSite Member
    from MN

Thanks Mr. Neely,

It's great to hear from a professional landscaper such as yourself. Are you planning on adding this to the two 62" units that you already own? From your previous posts you certainly have more knowledge of this product than most.

BRB