toro blade ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blowerboy, Apr 27, 2008.

1. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

Hi, not having the blades sharpened or replaced for 3-4 yrs on my toro walkbehind 22" personal pace i am obligated to replave the blades on this thing. The mower is a 3-1 "3 in 1" package and sometimes i mulch and side discharge but most of the time i bag with this mower. what kind of blades should i put on it, i'd rely prefur to put mulching blades on it gator blades or w/e. can i have you guys opions on what blades i should put on it.

Thanks, Dave

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

mulching or bagging, gator blades are the way to go. they'll chop up the clipping so you can bag more, and they'll chop them up to un-noticeable amounts when mulching. Gator Blades all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mowzum

mowzum LawnSite Member

I myself use the hi lift blade from toro as I don't do alot of mulching with my 21 recycler at times I use the mover to walk around the sidewalk areas as a blower and the hi lift work great for this

4. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

i dont realy need it for blowing as i go around the houses blowing cleaning up..... so im more consured about the CUT.

5. mowzum

mowzum LawnSite Member

the factory hi lift blade $ 10 12 works fine but if you do alot of mulching I'd go with the gator

6. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Hoping not to Hi-Jack, but...

My Toro PP walk behinds all have that curved blade on them. It's not straight and bows from tip to tip. I wonder why they don't use straight blades? Does it make a better cut being curved?

And, has anyone put straight blades on thier Toro PP?

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

High lift. Especially if you're bagging most of the time.

8. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Just to clarify,

the blade curves from tip-to-tip lengthwize down the blade. I'm not referring to the "lip lift" that curves from the front to the rear of the blade.

Anyone know? Anyone use a straight blade on their Toro PP?

9. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

If I'm reading you write, that blade is a mulch blade. Type the part # in mowpart.com and other compatable blades will pop up...gators, high lifts, standards, whatever.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha. That's funny.