1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Classic 44"SFS deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redd, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Redd

Redd LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Does anyone have +/- on this unit? Is the classic style floating deck obsolete or does it give a good cut for $3200 new?
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont like the SFS decks on the Toro walkbehinds. The SFS decks dont chop up the grass it just shoots it out the full length. We have an older Toro 37in recycler and it cuts good but tends clump. I really like the t-bar steering and I hope Toro puts the Turbo Force decks on there walkbehinds soon. We run Scag and Toro, if we were planning on getting a walkbehind it would be a Scag SWZU. I would look at other brands because about the only thing good thing about the SFS deck is it cuts tall and wet grass well.
  3. Lorge

Lorge LawnSite Member

I love the SFS deck on my 44" walk behind. I can mow in 5th gear at 6mph in many conditions because of the fact that it gets the clippings out from under the deck as fast as possible. If the lawn is regularly cut, clippings not being finely chopped up should not be a problem with st augustine and bermuda.
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Anyone know what SFS stands for? I did know but I forgot.
  5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

super flow system
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

SFS....Sucks for Sure

Wait for the TF Decks to Hit the Walks or Buy an eXmark.