Toro Classic T-bar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mylucky24, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mylucky24

mylucky24 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting a 36" toro classic t-bar. It is floating deck. Is this worth the extra money. I have heard the t-bar is better than the pistol grip. Is this true and is this a good mower.

Thanks
    Ross:)

2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

skip the floating deck its not worth the $$$ You'll rarely scalp with the fixed deck and height changes are simple by just changing the shims on the front wheel posts. I started with t-bar and stayed. I have tried the pistols on friends machines and seems like too much work to me! Great cut and striping as well as pulls a velkey

3. Green Edge

Green Edge LawnSite Member

Couldn't have said it better Jeffex i have the exact same opinion. If you get a pistol grip you'll probably have carpal tunnel by age 35, T-bars are so much better, faster, and easier to control.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a T-bar and love it, I also have a floating deck but my mower has a 52'' deck and with a wider deck a floater is almost a must

wayne

5. mylucky24

Thanks for all the feedback. Im not shure if toro makes a t-bar in a fixed deck tho. Do they?

6. mylucky24

Thanks for all the feedback. Im not shure if toro makes a t-bar in a fixed deck tho. Do they?

7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

8. mylucky24

wouldnt a hydro be better than belt drive? Ive looked around and it looks like many guys say go with the hydros.

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the floater deck is actually easier to change deck height on than the fixed . regardless get the t-bar sterring. i have 2 and love them .

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hydros indeed are very nice.

However belt driven wb are can be found cheap.

Never used the T-bars however I have a wb with the pistols and like them a lot.