Toro Custom Command Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I was at a supplier picking up lights when a rep approaches me and askes me if I want a 12 station irrigation controller. Of course I said yes. A homeowner returned it because he said it did not work,however,it works fine.

I will tell you this now. I do landscape construction and lighting as a profession.I have no desire to do irrigation work for hire.When approached to do so,I send them to an irrigation professional,so,do not beat me over the head with that line.:hammerhead:

Anyway,since it was free,I am going to use this controller at my own house.So,the wuesation is,what is your opinion on this controller? Good,bad,ok,or junk? Below is a link to a pic of it.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Toro-Custom-Command-Controller-Plastic-Outdoor-p/tcc-p12.htm

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

never saw one before but looks just like a irrirtol total control which I like (toro owns irritrol)

3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

similar to the total control. i like them both.

pg

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Just what these guys said, , a total control with a toro stamp on it. Good in its time but outdated.

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

TORO is a four-letter word...

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Still a good controller.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Before I started using pro c,s , that was my clock of chopice for large systems.

10. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

We are replacing three of those at a business park that are only a few years old. They are very erratic while trying to program...........the display will randomly bounce from mode to mode...............confidence is very low in those.