1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro DDC6 Conrtoller Problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassmanak, Apr 1, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

I have a property that has a toro ddc6 controller that is acting up. It basically seems to be froze up, i tried resetting it, unplugging it, you know the basics. Has anyone has problems with these. THe unit is on, but will not let you change anything or swithc functions, almost like it is locked.
  2. Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member

Get a better controller!
  3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

If it won't reset, it is toast. Have you asked the factory, or do you have the reset sequence? Did you remove any battery backup? If it has a lithium battery, you may need to leave the power off for an extended period. Bottom line would be your racking up more in labor than the controller is worth. Put in a good 6 station controller. In my market, a new controller installed wouldn't cost more than $150. Your going to get to that point real fast just chasing ghosts on this one.
  4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i figured i would call toro tomorrow, i think the unit is pretty new, basically it is on, display is on, but not able to change functions, i was curious if their was a child feature or something turned on, but not sure.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You mite have seen this post elsewhere.......Toro clocks are junk!
  6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, there are a few controllers with the toro logo on them I like. They all went into production right after toro bought irritrol/hardie..................
  7. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't that the Custom Command? If so, I'll take that for the 25-36 zone range. After that, it's Rain Master!