Toro dealer has intersting info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jun 22, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

At my local toro dealer this morning (fianlly received 1/2 inch of rain easrly this morning) and he told me that Husky is looking at buying out toro along with exmark?? What was I to say - considering they own about everything else that John Deere doesn't own.

Then the local BobCat dealer and he told that kubota is looking at purchasing the skids and mini ex. and such from ingersall rand.

What is the biz world coming to? What does it boil down to - money?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yes..... and if everyone doesnt STOP shopping at walmart..... they will own the world.....

I was never so happy when "in my town" walmart got caught selling below cost...... I was dancing in the streets........

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I find it extremely hard to believe that Husky has the funds to buy out an international company the size of Toro and then include Exmark along with it. Toro has to dwarf Husky I would think...

4. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: .........BS!

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, how in the world could a company like Husky afford Toro and Exmark?
    I don't see it either unless they WANT to sell out.

6. rodfather

I might be very much incorrect. Husky I found out is in over 100 countries worldwide. Toro reports annual revenue of 1.8 billion in 2006..can't seem to find any annual revenue $$$ reports from Husky so far.

7. satireirony

satireirony LawnSite Member

This is from the Husky website:

"The Husqvarna Group is the world’s largest producer of chainsaws, lawn mowers and other petrol-powered garden equipment such as trimmers and leaf blowers, as well as one of the world’s largest producers of garden tractors. Husqvarna is also one of the world’s largest producers of cutting equipment for the construction and stone industries."

"World's largest" implies that in some fields, at least, Husky is bigger than Toro. We just get the wrong impression, being mostly from the U.S. Husky is much, much bigger abroad.

So it seems do-able, Husky buying out Toro.

Yikes.

8. rodfather

I agree though there is no way there are #1 in the US in mower sales alone.

9. satireirony

satireirony LawnSite Member

I wonder if they would be #1 in the U.S., if they bought out Toro/Lawn-Boy?

I wonder where this would leave Exmark? Lawn-Boy?

The beloved Commercial Lawn-Boy staggered deck is on it last legs as it is, it seems.

10. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

lawnboy is no longer making the staggered deck as of this year the new commercial units are based on a deck that is similar to the insight series and they are powered by honda engines. also no longer have a big orange gas tank. my favorite part of the mowers lol