1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro decks question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Affordable RS, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Affordable RS

Affordable RS LawnSite Member
    from C FL

Any opinions between Toro's SFS and TurboForce decks?

Thanks, JT
  2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a SFS 44" Walk-Behind that got stolen, it cut okay but not as good as the original Toro walk-behind I had. I didn't like it enough to replace it ! I recently bought a 40" Turbo Force and it cuts great.
  3. jrsmower

jrsmower LawnSite Member

we had a 2001 SFS belt drive toro T-bar WB and it mows great.. We sold it and now I got a 52" Hydro Turbo Force WB and it mows better then out 60"Toro TurboForce 28Hp Kawa's.

I really like WB's for residentian accounts.. I can mow just as fast almost with my WB as out 60's .
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The SFS deck will handle alot of grass...but it leaves the clippings long. The Turbo Force seems to cut the clippings up smaller. Ive owned and used both and prefer the Turbo Force. The SFS is what I currently have on my 36 wb and its just fine for me though.
  5. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

I've never used the SFS but I have the TurboForce on my 36. It is an incredible deck that leaves a very nice cut.

6. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I have a Toro Z with a 52 inch SFS deck. Compared to my 52inch Exmarx it comes in way behind. The quality of cut and discharge just isnt there like it is on the Exmark. You can get it to leave a good cut, just be prepared to double cut pretty much in all but the driest of conditions.

I cant speak for the turborforce deck.
  7. Affordable RS

Affordable RS LawnSite Member
    from C FL

Thanks everyone!

That is what I was expecting to hear. I am looking at some small WB's and want to make sure I don't buy something that will cost me more time.

So Hustler is out = IZT (My first pick and they are a sponsor. :cry: )

Scag is out (I think) = Velocity deck is 48" up and reviews on advantage deck were spotty at best for me.

Snapper is out = weak motor

Wright and Exmark (Reserved opinion) = not many local dealers

Toro, going to look at some this week = TF deck only

Lawnsite = :dancing: