1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro DFS Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williamslawn, Oct 15, 2002.

1. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Does anyone use the Toro DFS bagger? If so, how do you like it? I am NOT impressed with mine. I spend more time unclogging the chute than anything else. Am I the only one with this problem? If anyone is using it what blades are you using? I have a 62" Deck with the 23hp Kholer is it under powered?:confused:

lcb_zm_z100z200_dfs_s_lg.jpg

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I demo'd one thinking I'd buy it, :nono: before I had gone 5 minutes into the demo I knew :nono: not for me. I hated that thing. Those big weights on the front castering wheels left big ruts. I was thinking to myself what will happen if I have to mow when it's wet??? I did'nt have a problem with it clogging but it was this summer. HOT and DRY. It did fill up rather quickly though, and there was no alarm to tell you "hey, I'm full" I had to keep stopping to check it. It was also a really bouncy ride.

I got a Walker about a week ago, it was $11,500.00 but I'll tell ya, best peice of equipment I've purchased to date. I love it.

Scott

3. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

Ive got the 62 inch LQ and it does pretty good on dry grass.
    The problem with mine is in the hydros.
    It has been to the dealer 5 times for wheel motor and or pump replacement!!!!
    The machine has 410hours on it.

Toro said next time it happens they will get me a new machine.

4. williamslawn

from SC

What's been wrong with your pumps? I bought 2 this year. One has 225 hrs and the one with the bagger has 62 hrs on it. The one with 62hrs was acting very strange today.

5. williamslawn

from SC

last post not showing up?

6. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

Aprox. every 70 hrs one goes out...
    I Bought the mower new this spring.
    it has the older style pumps.
    I don't know if that is the reason