1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Diesel 52" zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by LLL357, Feb 16, 2013.

1. LLL357

LLL357 LawnSite Member

I'm deciding on weather to purchase a new 52" toro with a 25hp diesel? I'll be using it to cut cut on a 8 acre lot and possibly 2 schools 26acres and 40 acres. I'm not that familiar with diesel zero turn and wanted some feedback, pros and cons.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ross, give Chad a call at theriots in marrero. He may have a few 61" Scag turf tigers left with the 35hp gas big block
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 3. They're great machines. Low maintenance and great fuel economy. .8 gallons per hour

4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got 2 toros with the 25hp kubota diesels, but in 60". You'll love the engine, but you may want to think about a larger deck with that amount of acreage.

5. LLL357

LLL357 LawnSite Member

Thanks,
    Did you call jarvis in reference to spraying etc?

6. LLL357

LLL357 LawnSite Member

Thanks,

I'm getting a great deal, I think the 60" would be better. But, like I said the deal i'm getting I couldn't pass it up.

7. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Definitely get a 60 if your going to be mowing large acreage properties and better weight distribution with the wider stance for the diesel. (some guys say they weigh the same but i haven't checked into that and I doubt that a diesel would weigh as light as a gasoline.)

-Michael