Toro Dingo Advice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by buckmaster77, May 30, 2011.

1. buckmaster77

buckmaster77 LawnSite Member
    from FL

I just graduated college with a degree in Landscape Design and management. I have started an install buisiness and am looking to add a Dingo to my tools. I found one close by that has 1200 hours on machine with a brand new motor not rebuilt. it comes with the cultivator, landscape rake, pallet forks, bucket, land leveler. i think i can buy it for around 6k... is this a good deal??? also the left side has a small leak i think it has a broken seal.. any help would be apppreciated thanks
    Jeffrey

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Whole deal for 6K. I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

3. buckmaster77

from FL

What about the seal?? Any clue how much tht would run to fix? I am 23 and don't want a money pit being as how I just graduated
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. White Gardens

No clue on that. Could be a number of things. As long as it doesn't leak bad, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't ever seen any machine with a hydraulic system that didn't leak.

I grew up on a farm and our philosophy was don't buy a piece of equipment that you can't work on yourself, so if you are cash strapped and worried about repair bills, then I wouldn't venture into it.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

If it has tits, tracks or tires its going to be a money pit. Get use to it now so it won't shock you latter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. White Gardens

:laugh::laugh:

7. buckmaster77

from FL

It runs out awesome turns with no noises and the leak is minor but comes from large wheel in the rear left of machine.. other than that no problems with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. buckmaster77

from FL

It seriously is a brand new kohler with tags still no dust on them. I am jut wondeing what usualy goes wrong with these units.. and the tracks are new
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. White Gardens

Basically I would call your toro dealer and tell them them the model and hours and they can tell you what parts might go bad soon.

I had my Vermeer rep. give me a write-up of the parts for my mini before I decided to buy. The biggest expense for me was going to be the pump if it ever fails, and they sell re-maned pumps for a fraction of new.

10. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

If I understand correctly what attachments come with it and if they are in decent shape the attachments themselves are worth almost 6K...the cultivator is big dollars. I would buy that in a heartbeat...