Toro Dingo.....thoughts..any owners?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ElephantNest, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looking hard at the Toro Dingo, with 35 attachments this thing looks like an extremely versatile piece of equipment. Any of you use/own one of these, and if so, do you have any reviews? They are a bit pricey, but for the ammount of things they can do, it really seems like a money maker.

I appreciate any feedback.

~Nest

2. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

I've been thinking about one also. I'd appreciate any feedback.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one in April after renting one a few times last summer. Huge time/back saver. I bought the 220 model with a light material bucket and a 18 inch auger. Cost was about $15,000. Great machine for companys who do landscape installs on residential properties. You just have to be careful to make very wide turns with this machine to prevent turf scuffing. I would definitly reccomend the dingo.

4. hnter

hnter LawnSite Member

these things get bashed on here all the time...i have a 322 and consider it a very valuable piece of equipment...just don't expect it to be good at things it isn't designed to do...

5. ElephantNest

from La.

.....Like what....cut grass? lol JK

With 35 attachments, it seems there isn't much it can't do. Appreciate the feedback so far, anyone else?

6. hnter

hnter LawnSite Member

people tend to compare the dingo to a mini skid, skidsteer or tractor, and of course the dingo will come up short when compared to these bigger, more powerful machines...the dingo is bashed because it is slow, can't lift a lot, has poor ground clearance, thumb controls instead of joystick controls, makes you stand or walk, etc...just know what you want out of it and what it is capable of and work it within that range...

my .02

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

My advice would be to demo, demo, demo every make you can get your hands on. By the time you are done, you will need to do it again, 'cause everything will have been re-designed.:D

Seriously though, demo as many as you can. Seems like everyone is making the smaller units nowadays, they've all got their own advantages and disadvantages....

Only you will be able to determine what's best for you.

Dan

8. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Anyone tried a vermeer yet?? I just saw an ad for one in lawn & landscape, I never even knew they made one. The ad states that it's the only one of it's kind that can load into a one-ton pickup...

9. ElephantNest

from La.

Both the Dingo and the Bobcat Mt-52 seem to able to load into a truck, not sure how high though.

We have a demo set up for the Dingo next week. The guy said to set up some jobs for a day and that he would work all day with us showing it to us, letting us get a feel for it, etc. I'm curious of their lease program, I heard something like: $300.00/month for 4 years, and if you decide to keep it, the money spent goes toward purchase price, just not sure yet if 100% of it does or not. Wouldn't seem like it, because with a lease, it seems that they would be responsible for maintenance.

Hmmmmm

10. HydroBC

HydroBC LawnSite Member

I rent one on occassion, pretty pricey to buy one unless you have loads of prep work and clearing work.
    JMO