Toro Dingo TX 420

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atozpropmaint, Jul 25, 2000.

1. atozpropmaint

atozpropmaint Banned

We are considering buying a Toro Dingo TX 420. We want to use it with a blade to cut back on some of our winter snow shoveling labor. Then, next summer, use it in all those tight spaces we can't get our skidsteer into. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on these machines?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny you brought that up...not Toro's, but just saw this video about Kanga's. Looks pretty cool!<p>http://www.knoxrentals.com/images/Kanga%20Access.mpa<p>

3. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Contact Toro direct at 1 (800) 476-9673 or see their website at www.toro.com

4. mountain

mountain LawnSite Member

i THOUGHT about getting a dingo...that is until I priced them $15,000. I can buy a lot of labor for that much , think we will stick to shovels and wheel barrows

5. goose

goose LawnSite Member

if you are in this business to make money , you cant go wrong in buying one. They are strong and dependable

6. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Check around. Alot of companies are coming out with these at about $12,000. <p>----------<br>-Grasscape Mgmt.<br>Http://sites.netscape.net/grasscapeinc/homepage

7. dougjohnson

dougjohnson LawnSite Member

The Dingo I have used and liked it about $13,000 The Kanga also a nice machine about $12,800 I will be having a sales guy out from ramrod tomorrow those machinec come with three models 550, 750, 900 starting at $11,800 for the smaller ones. I just have to find the correct one for me.

8. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

I was reading in an article that the 900 ramrod can pick up to 900Lbs. I beleive the dingo's can only pick up 600, although i am not sure about the tracked version.

9. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

These Toro units have been selling quite well in the Northwest. Majority of the larger and smaller companies have purchased these. One company owns 8 units. We are going to get one next spring. Beats the hell out of clowns that don't show up for work.<p>A word of experience to those of you considering- look carefully at the enginering and how the units are constructed. Look at metal gauge, hydraulic tube and hose sizing. Don't take low price for the sake of low price. <p>When these units came out, they demoed the units at Charolette at the GIE show. In less than 7 minutes, the guy dug a 36&quot; hole and trenched 75 feet, including change overs. They have made multiple improvements since then, contact Roger Braswell in Charolette, he brought the units to the US and sold out to Toro. Made him a rich mo fo.<p>I have been in the landscape business over 25 years and sold Toro commercial products for 7 years. These units are the way landscape contractors will survive and profit in the next 10 years. If you are not into one of these units in the next 5 years, someone will eat yourr lunch.

10. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,<p>I am getting very close to a mini-skid unit myself. So far, I like the ramrod best, because it seems to have the most attachments. Especially the paver mover, which can move a band of brick at a time.<br>However, I don't know of any ramrod distributors close by, so am worried about parts and servicing. Also, they use brigs on the ramrod, 20hp vanguard I believe, and would be much happier with a honda, but could live with a briggs if I had too.<p>The toro would be my next choice. Seems to be a nice set-up with a lot of attachments also. They have a huge dealer near me, so servicing and parts would be a breeze. As for the kanga, its the same as the gravely skidsteer, but gravely at least has some local dealers/repair shops close by, so I would have to go gravely. <p>I work mainly by myself, so the machine would have great value. I do mainly small scale landscape design/install and the machine would be perfect. I already have a sub-contractor to do all my 'dirty' excavating, but am always needing to push that wheelbarrel a little too much still. I think the mini would be a great help.<p>Been thinking of the best set up, and think this. <p>1. Get a mini skid,(which one is undecided still)<br>2. a dump trailer (can't dump into most dumps with mini, not even most low mason dumps) to both haul it around with and to use for dumping<br>3. a 8 foot grain body dump, f450 w/diesel with 'saddle' box for most of my tools. <p>with this set up, I could go to a job with the trailer, mini-skid, tools, and supplies and then leave the job with all the excess debri in the trailer, maybe ramp the mini into the back of the truck, and be in and out of a small install job in one shot. Would have a lot of flexibility.<p>Been doing a lot of thinking on the subject and I agree that the mini-skid seems to be worth the price tag, along as you have the right kind of work for it.<p>steveair<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: steveair