toro dingo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by red wing, Feb 12, 2001.

1. red wing

red wing LawnSite Member

Has anyone used or own one with a 30 inch auger that plants trees with it? I want to plant 6 foot black hills spruce trees with it will it work?

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

I've used dingos and sell Ramrods and they do fine with that size auger so long as its not all clay, then you may have to clean out a few times. If the soil does have some clay, make sure the holes are not glazed over this could prevent roots from spreading evenly. Scrape the sides and bottom of the hole with a rake to prep it correctly if it is glazed.

3. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

captdevo, what do you mean by glazed over. I've never heard that term before.

4. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Who all has these new mini skidsteers and do you like them. They look like they would be handy and cut on the labor bill. What price range are they in? Would like to hear what some of have to say about them. I don't know anyone that has one.

5. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

SCRAPER I 'VE LOW 30'S

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

when you drill the hole, if there is alot of clay, it will make the walls of the hole thicker (denser)and the clay can deter the roots from growing evenly. kinda like a clay pot, so you need the break it up or scrape it so it's not as thick.

I just delivered my 7th Ramrod down into coal tunnels, they are performing great. Prices vary on Dingos, Kangas, Ramrods and Finns anywhere from $8900 up to $22,000 for the machines w/ buckets then tack on more $$$$ for attachments. Some say they are too pricey, but, I guess like the larger machines, they have their place. I have 2 machines that do flat roof work, a few in demolition, hog confinements, horse breeders barns, fencers......the applications are limitless.