Toro Dingo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, May 9, 2001.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Does any body use a toro dingo for day in and day out residential landscaping and mulching? I am at the point where I am doing landscape instalations and mulchinh 4-5 days out of the week and the old wheelbarrow just aint cutting it anymore! A full size skidsteer is way over sized for alot of my properties I maintain but a dingo seems perfect. How are they power wise? maneuverability? did you notice a big decrease in time to complete jobs when buying one? at 15 grand, the price is very steep but I feel it could pay for itself fairly quickly and allow me to complete more jobs per week. Any apinions are apreciated!
  2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

As you noted, these machines are used for landscaping instead of lawn care. You will get better & more responses if you post this in the landscaping forum. Also, do a search in that forum.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive never used a dingo, but i have read a lot of posts on it on lawnsite, and most guys say for the price and speed they jump up to skidsteers. in your case you say a skidsteer is too big, but make sure you check out the speed of them, hearing that they run a little slow.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Ive read all the posts in the past about Dingos. We have an abundance of new member now and wanted some new insight!
  5. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

There is a local fence company here that has one!! That thing whips out fences in no time! I thought it was pretty cool machine for him! He swears buy it!! Just my thought!
  6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly LawnSite Member

I own a Dingo 322 and love it. Wouldn't take any amount of money for the thing.
    Yes, as it was stated, they are a little slow but for a residential setting they cant be beat. Besides, the dingo doesn't get tired or complain about the heat like helpers. It is one of my most valued tools. E-Mail me if you have any questions.
  7. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

I heard that its better to use the dingo to load the wheelbarrows and have people push them. People are just a little faster than the dingo for carrying light loads. this was from a dingo/newholland dealer
  8. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

i thought about buying a Toro dingo, but they are just to slow. i have demoed them before and just really did not care for them i currently have two bobcats, both are 7 series. keep in mind that bobcat does make a 453 which is very narrow and can fit in tight places, you might want to try one of these out.
  9. I May be 15 years old but I'm a walking talking landscaping equiment info center. I have used Toro Dingos and Kanaga Mini-loaders. If you just want to move mulch there not worth the money. Just like their bigger bothers the destory the lawn when you turn. I recommend a small Tractor with a loader. Like a JD 425, 445, 455 lawn tractor or a 4100, 4200 utlily tractor or a simular new holland or Kabota tractor. The Dingos great, but not well suited for what you need. I WOULD STILL TRY ONE OUT FOR A WEEK ON A DEMO.