1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Dingo

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ashs inc, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

I am looking at buying a Dingo wanting the track model. I was wondering if there is an attachment for rolling sod. Just wondering what model would be good to buy. thanks guys
  2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yes there is a sod roller. I would get either the 425 or 525. I have a 425 and love the thing. We use it almost daily.
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have the sod roller attachment for ours and love it....

i can lay a tractor trailer load of sod (1000sqyd, or 9000stft) in about 6 hours with a good helper.

we have the 425 also.
    make sure to get the stand on attachment for yours. toro is finally making one that looks really sweet. We have the "step up" one by forkster. we had a lot of problems with the origional model and the sale, but the replacement i finally recieved from complaining here is much better built.

the toro one looks like it will be much better to use.
  4. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

How is the TX as far as tipping with a full roll of sod? Isn't a roll over 1000 lbs?
  5. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I use a TX425 when I need one and its wonderful. I'd say its pretty much capable to lifting up to its tip capacity.
  6. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

YardPro - how much work does it take to get the seams lined up with the big rolls? That has always been my concern with using the sod roller.

If you are looking at a Dingo, I would not even consider the wheeled version unless you have a very specific application that you know it will be all you need. Also, I like the idea of the wide tracks on the 425, in fact when I ordered new tracks for ours this year I suggested to one of my foremen that we should retrofit our 420. His response was "don't even think about it, then we won't be able to get it in these backyards". We happened to be standing in a backyard that had a 36" gate on it. Definitely something to think about. I am budgeting for a new one this spring and will most likely get the 425, that way we will have one of each.
  7. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

won't go without my dingo
  8. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

thanks guys for the info. I was wondering where you buy attachments for the dingo.
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

ebay... I have seen harley rakes go for $3500... trenchers for $2500, and augers for $1500.
  10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

got my toro vibra plow for $1,600.