1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro dingo

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Landrus2, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Witch Toro dingo you guys like better the track or the wheel :weightlifter:
  2. jrdean62

jrdean62 LawnSite Member

It all depends on what you are doing. If you are a fence guy then the wheeled units work great and save you some money. However, if you are going to be doing anything else I would go with tracks. The widetrack units only have 3.4 psi of ground pressure so are ideal for working on existing turf with little to no damage. The tracked units will also perform better in bad conditions. The tracked units also have the TX control system vs. the lever controls on the wheeled. I would advise anyone buying one to demo both.
  3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i have a tire unit and love it. i have used a track unit many times and the only advantage i've noticed is when i use my vibraplow. the track unit pulls it alittle better. everything else, i like the wheeled unit much better. better visibility. easy on turf. faster.
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i could not disagree more.
    we spent a lot of time demoing machines and the track model offers many advantages over the wheeled units.

the controls are far easier to use, no cramping thumbs.
    it has more lift capacity
    better tracrion for digging and grading
    much more HP
    more stable
    can use in low traction conditions.

well worth the extra money.
  5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto... only time i could see using a wheeled unit more is if your on paved surfaces alot? i love our tracked unit...