Toro Dingo

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Wolfie's L&L, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Our company is looking to buy one of those Toro Dingos- we got the idea at the MANTS show last Wednesday.

I looked at the Toro website and it seems like a pretty good piece of equipment, and I like the many accesories that you can put on it. The only question I have is do you sit or stand on it? I cant tell because the pictures don't show the back of it, just the front.

Anyone else have one of these??

Thanks!!

Jason

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I got the literature from Turf magazine when they first came out and the models I saw were walk behind and ride ons. Depends on model.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we just bought the tx425 a few weeks ago.

all the wheeled units are ride on, all the track units ( tx413, tx420, and tx425, are walk behind).
    w have a flip up ride on platform for ours made by a company called forkster. the same company also sells a cool forlkift attachment that can lift 3000 lbs, it also has a full roll sod layer.

we shopped around quite a bit and the choice came down the the ditch witch sk500 ( a really good machine), the boxer and the dingo. ( tracks were a necessity for us).

they are all pretty pricey though. boxer was the least expensive.

we paid $14,500.00 for ours and with all the attachments ( 4n1 bucket, landscape rake, ride on platform, grading rake, sod roll layer (for 20 yard rolls), land leveler/carry all, bobcat adapter and the multi tool the total was $20,000.00

i have done ALOT of research and demoed all the units a few times now. If you want any info let me know.

FYI
    we chose the dingo mainly due to thier package price. It was almost $4K less than the others. but the quality of some of the attachments are lower (did not know this until after we recieved the unit)

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We looked at the Dingo, but decided for the size projects we do it was not worth it. Don't get me wrong, when we do smaller jobs or walkways, we rent one and it works great. My only complaint is that you can't load a dump w/ it. Not enough reach. Other than that I recommend them.

Chris

5. YardPro

if you do alot of large jobd a bobcat is surely the choice.

cgland
    the SK has more dump height than the asv rc30. it's hinge pin height it 82"

they are as expensive as an rc 30, so we really had to weigh our options.
    the ease of use and transport, mobility, and no ruts are what sold us.

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

It's definately a great machine, but we felt it was a little small to do some of the projects we do. If a bigger machine saves me a days worth of labor, i'll fix a little lawn. payup

Chris

7. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Wow! Alot of responses in the hour I was gone!

We are choosing between a bobcat or a Dingo. We are wanting to get a piece of equipment that we can attatch a auger or post-hole digger to because it will be alot more efficient than shovels, digging irons, and regular hand-operated post-hole diggers, especially for large depth/width holes and jobs where we have to dig many holes.

Jason

8. YardPro

LOL
    we feel the same.
    most of our installs are on very small properties. also we wanted a machine we could in our maintenance work on a regular basis and not have any turf dammage.

CTHLandscaping-
    the dingo will handle a 35" auger without a problem. if this is the bulk of your use ( augering) then i would say look at the wheeled unit. they are alot less expensive than the track units.

we were finding kanga's etc. with trailer and attachments in the $9K range.

9. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

ya know bobcat ( as in the skid steer) makes one as well just like the dingo its the MT50 i have used both and VERY much prefer the MT50 to the dingo.

10. YardPro

WHAT???

the MT 50 is terrible.
    they quit making it, then went with the mt52
    and now again have had to change it again for 05.

bobcat also has a unique mounting plate that is not interchangeable with ANY other mini skid ( all the others use a universal mounting plate, so all thier attachments are interchangeable). the wheeled sulky has a tiny single wheel that sinks in the ground, and you cannot back up with it.

the tracks are very narrow and the machine is 2600lbs, giving it the HIGHEST footpring pressure in it's class-- well over 5 psi ( compaired to 3psi for the others)

also it is only 18 hp, where EVERY other mini in it's class is 24 or 25 hp, and the td boxer is 27 hp(perkins diesel).

the local rental yard here demoed both the mt52 and the sk 500. i used both for about 30 ish hours. both Myself , and all the feedback from the other contractors was very bad for the MT. even though the MT was several thousand less than the SK, they went with the SK.