1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by marc, Jan 29, 2002.

1. marc

marc LawnSite Member

I just bought two Toro 26 hp Kohler EFI 62 inch last Oct. I have been having problems getting the electrical sytem wet when I wash them. The manual clearly states not to get too much moisture in the area of the wiring harness of which I have been careful. One mower has been fine, the other runs terrible after washing. In fact, when I went to my dealer to pick them up after a 20 hr. checkup, he too washed them and the one would not start. I had to come back the next day and pick it up after it had time to dry out. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I would like to keep my mower clean but if this happens everytime, I won't be able to!
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You Should wipe Your Mower down With a Rag . If you Do it after every use it Should be Fine. If one mower Does It and the other does not could be One or more connection's With Out greese In The connection get approved Greese And Do all The Connection's.You should not Wash Mower.It Will Rust faster And connection's Will Coroud.
    Johnny g.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i use di-electric grease on all connections.

get it at any auto parts store, some may call it spark plug boot lube or grease.
  4. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Which computer is on your unit? Is it the metal case or plastic case. Kohler has a repair if it is the metal cased computer. To find the computer look under the engine mount above the hydro dirve motors. Let me know back and I will see what I can find out for you.