1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro electric clutch & doubles on WB's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toby, Apr 2, 2002.

1. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Anyone running doubles with this clutch? Possible wear problems with 2 low-lifts?
    Ran doubles on my eXmarks last fall but they have a manual PTO. Wary about the Toro's.
    Toro WB owners running doubles: Would you recommend cutting the blade holder to fit the second blade or using a spacer. I don't see any issues with cutting a piece out of the blade holder for the bottom blade?
  2. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

toro uses the same clutch as everyone else. its a generic (common)part.
  3. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Exmark (mower manufacurer) WB's (Walk Behind) have a manual (push) clutch. Toro's is (3rd person present singular of BE)
    electric. How do they affect electric clutches?
  4. crew

crew LawnSite Member

Have tried a double set up on 52" toro wb w/ kohler 15 and was not satisfied with the cut. Can't attest to the clutch durability but common sense says its going to wear out faster.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Burnt a clutch last year but I never checked the gap or tightened the thing so I think it was some of my fault. I continue to run doubles on it (15kohler 44" hydro) because it saves tremendous amounts of time. Its almost worth burnin a clutch every now and then. Just kidding.