Toro & Exmark what are the differences?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnchopper, Jul 11, 2004.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

we have a toro and exmark dealer in town I want to know what are the differences between the two as far as speed, cut quality, clipping dispersal and traction....... ZTRs that is

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Simple: Differences are easy to mention, simply put Toro is better!

Some guys will jump in and say that Exmark is best, not sure why, think they are confused, or the heat is effecting their thoughts, everyone knows the NEW Toro's with turbo force decks are the best mower on the market to date, especially the Z588E.

demo both, then you will see what I mean....they call these NEW Toro's, ''Exmark intimidators"....gets ya thinking eh?

Where is Dave, DVM, he will surely agree! LOL!

Seriously, my Toro Z588E, 04 mod. is just great, love it. should demo one, get your dealer to show you how to use the adjustable baffle though, makes a huge difference...

3. its all depends on which toro's you are compairing ...if you are taking the toro 100 series and lazer hp ....the big difference is the deck ...and that one difference makes the exmark a whole head above the toro 100 series .

now the full size lazer z and the toro 500 series ....the toro gets the nod in my opion ..things like the zstand ...adjusable baffling swing things in the toro's favor .....ive owned all of these machines and thats the way they stack up imo.

4. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

im hoping for a few more responses