Toro / Exmark ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I know i did the searches but today I talked extensively with an exmark dealer and LCO. He told me the mowers may be the same as in engines, frames, pumps etc. but the deck will blow away any TORO deck anyday which decreases his mowing time.

I have toro & nearest EXMARK dealer is about 75 miles away. So i get toro's but I have also never ran an exmark and just wondering if there is that big of difference b/t the 2 mowers? He was comparing an 05/06 model with the 52 deck. He also said there bagger system is far better than the DFS bagger by TORO??

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

toro owns exmark so there wont be that much of a differance. i have a toro cut a house next door to a guy with an exmark neither of us can tell a difference both do a good job

3. Gutterball

Gutterball LawnSite Member

Ditto that

4. Prideland

Prideland LawnSite Member

Aren't the Toro decks new design this year as well Exmark ? Thats what I am seeing, I would amagine the same technology on both.

5. Prideland

Prideland LawnSite Member

2005 Toro would have different (old) style deck I believe.

6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

We picked up a 62 house complex that requires bagging certain areas during the Spring growth spurt. We charge the regular mowing price plus $10.00 per 40 gal trash bag. It usually doubles the price of the mowing. With 2 Standers on the property it doesn't take that much longer using Accelorator baggers.

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

What does this have to do with the Toro/Exmark question? Did you post this in the wrong place? Otherwise, I'm lost...

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

the turbo force deck is excellent... while i honestly have no experience with the exmark.... if you search here on the toro turboforce deck you will find alot of high opinions about it...

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Thats just it. I searched and what you say is correct. But this guy, as nice as he was, kept saying no comparsion to TORO deck. So I just thought I would ask the "EXPERTS" in the business.

10. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro Proline and Exmark belt drive WB'S are EXACTLY the same. The deck on my 36" Toro Proline WB is exactly the same as the deck on my friends Exmark WB. :blob4: